Lagos govt creates N2B emergency relief fund for Abule-Ado explosion victims
The Lagos State government has set up a N2 billion emergency relief fund to cater for the needs of the victims of the Abule-Ado explosion in Amuwo Odofin council area of the state.
Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State governor, who made this known while addressing State House Correspondents after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on the development in the State House on Monday
The governor said the state government had already earmarked a sum of N250 million for the relief fund account, adding dedicated accounts had been created for the purpose, into which groups, corporate bodies and public spirited individuals are expected to put their donations.
He also said the state government had set up an investigation panel to look into the causes and reason for the explosion, adding that the panel, which is headed by the deputy governor, has two weeks to bring in its report.
